Not a summary, but some important things to act on
- Create a plan on how you act on privacy matters and how you will act when people don’t want to be tracked.
- People can set the DoNotTrack option in their browsers (only Chrome hasn’t implemented this). This sends a header to your website. You can read this header an act on it (e.g. don’t use the Google Remarketing code when detected).
- The most important thing is not the cookie itself, but what is being done with it. (e.g. without cookies, your shopping basket wouldn’t work)
- It’s third-party-tracking that matters (according to the U.K.). Don’t sell customer data to other companies or ad networks (when DoNotTrack is detected).
- You could also ask people what not to do, when you detect this DNT option.